Thursday, December 31, 2009
Had a great snow season early this year in Dublin.
Taken during several dublin walks with my camera :)
Ireland winning the Grand Slam - 6 nations Rugby.
Got a new macbook pro.
Graffiti by Maser
Southern Californian Sunset
Beautiful moment - crashing waves on the sunset
Amazing Sunset Colors
Disney Concert Hall - LA
20 sec of LA
Japanese Kite Flying festival with friends
Almost 10,000 ft - great hike
Yosemite welcomes with a storm, it was my first ever drive in mountains + storm didn't help :) but it was amazing
This place is just beyond words, calm, peaceful, beautiful, scenic, river flowing sound, the granite drops .......
at Kings Canyon
Pillars of our world - Redwood Trees
feeling of how vast landscape in CA is
as I left it in my mind last time
To my wonderful friends in Dublin, THANKS.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Sunday, August 02, 2009
- Went to DMV last week, it was not as bad as they show in TV/movies :)
- Glad I went by appointment thou, as the line was just too long.
- Being CA and home of silicon valley and all other computer stuff, you would expect it to be lot more computerized and all. But the biggest surprise (atleast to me) was the paper-based written exam. Easier for me :) but still paper-based, who does that.
- Best part - they corrected the exam in 10 sec. (39 questions) - they had a stencil of correct answers to do it.
- And here is my CA license, as I already had a NJ license (expired), no behind the wheel exam
Monday, July 20, 2009
- some wonderful tea flavors at Cha for Tea (still ginger black tea with milk is still best) but its nice to have cold tea flavors in this weather
- speaking of weather - its 35 C .. living in such hot weather in quite a loooong time
- speaking of weather again - nobody talks about how good the weather is here, sun is always shining; its also nice how back in Dublin, life sort revolves around good weather
- got a credit card (of 100 USD limit :D) for building US credit history or thats what the bank lady told is a good idea
- likes the vegetation here (apart from the palm tress), feels like back home in India
- Indian food is def. way better
- there are lots n lots of Asians in Irvine .. almost everyone :)
- almost impossible to do anything without a car .. ok i already knew that but thought might be different
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Didn't take pictures of Great Lakes in Michigan, but they were HUGE, for once i thought which ocean are we crossing now. Amazing.
Here are some highlights of the trip already:
- Watched LIVE car chase
- Local news about animals escaped from somewhere to somewhere
- Mountain Dew
- Cheap Sushi
- Meal portions are huge
- Normal is just not normal anymore
- 5 lane (10 total) highways
- Who said there is car recession - all those fancy brand new GM's!!
- After watching all that Daily Show, had to see Fox News (wow)
- Pics of awesome landscape (prev. post)
- Its actually Hot
- Using AC to keep room temp at 21 C .. ??
- Feels different than east coast
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Grind to a paste - 1 Onion, 2 Chillis (I added one red and one green so as its not very spicy), big chunk of ginger, 4 Garlic cloves and mint leaves. Add oil to a pan, before you add the paste, add cumin, and coriander seeds until light brown. And then add the paste. Fresh spices smell awesome :)
And then add tomatoes and stirr until they mix properly
Dessert (am no expert in this now) - Most times, they end in disaster. So this time I went for something very very simple (thanks to lil for suggesting it)
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I took this shot near upper camden street, graffiti art done by Maser. You can see the original one here. I decided to try selective coloring on it. Have seen some real good ones on flickr. Trying to avoid photoshop :), I decided to do it in Adobe Lightroom (which btw is a great photo management software, only if it could be free). But after several tries, it didn't seem to work properly. Its very easy to start with, go to Brush tool, make it BnW and then erase the parts you wanna do selective coloring on. But somewhere midway, it seemed to just crash, not exactly crash crash but the eraser tool just won't work right, also cudn't switch between eraser n brush to correct minor details. After 4/5 half tries, time to go back to photoshop. Also was thinking Lightroom might be easier on memory n stuff doing simple selective coloring but no, it took ages n wait'd for seconds (n I'm using latest macbook pro). Photoshop - to my surprise :), lot more easier for selective coloring than lightroom. Import the image, do a background copy of the original layer. From adjustments, selective BnW and then make a mask layer on top of it. Now on the mask layer, just use the brush tool, to erase the parts you are interested in. You can zoom in and do minor details. If an error, switch to black background and erase to get the original parts back. This is important if you want to get the colors right precisely. It was like doing graffiti on original graffiti. The resulting image looked nicer, its bit rought on edges if you see the bigger size of it on flickr, but otherwise looks nice :). Also I only did it using mac trackpad, no mouse.