Monday, December 24, 2007
Its quite a busy season in dublin, the streets are packed to brim (i wudn't say it unless i really mean it, they r really really packed), at all times of the day. Also, its a big, sorta tradition or mebbe not a tradition but def. big, to go out tomorrow to local bars and pubs and drink a lot :) .. no big news .. ha'an.. its ireland.. so my friend suggested that i should go to some pub tomorrow and get myself a good old fashioned hang over for chritmas day .. loving it :)) .. will update on that after that.
I hoping to do some xmas shopping tomorrow and i am relying on that people will not shop tomorrow that much compared to what i saw yesterday n so .. cudn't even step inside store .. hopefully there are not many last minute shopper's like me .. which again i highly doubt .. we'll see that tomorrow ..
hope u all r having a wonderful xmas time also .. share the xmas feeling with everyone .. and have a nice, safe, warm, snowy christmas :D
We had some great carving for mexican food after movie, surpringly there aren't that many mexican places to go, the first one we tried to go was a mix of italian and mexican .. am sure they won't be good in any .. how can u mix those two best cuisines .. Anyway we went to next one on George's Street and it ended up being booked for whole evening and we didn't knew of any other place. Following Kathleen's idea, we went n booked a table in a Lebanese Resturant (pics below) called Byblos.. such a full filling meal .. delicious; and we were so stuffed, we didn't vene looked for dessert menu thou we didn got see some belly dancing as dessert, if i might say :D
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Working in a university (phd student/research) has it benefits :) .. so I/we started with
- xmas lunch with just our own group .. extending until late night
- evening drinks with people from just our floor, to have more collaboration/interaction .. turned out be a whole night affair
- xmas party from the CS department .. extending until 7 in morning and for some other friends, going on until 7 in evening of following day :)
- mould wine n mince pies evening from student advisor at our dept.
- xmas party from the research lab i work in
- after xmas parties of people who i knw in other departments.. eg. conway
- and yesterday xmas/new-year's party by a friend
this is all in last 4 weeks, along with work n presentations, along with some drink evening with colleagues on odd days also; can imagine why i am sick of going to another one of those.. next week, am sure there is something from friends in other dept. but i have TO avoid going there. Thou' all of them were great fun. One of the best's :) times .. thanks all ..