Sunday, October 12, 2008

Delhi Flicks

Delhi Policemen watching the Fireworks during Dussehra (due to bomb blasts, there was lot of security, everywhere I take my camera, they are checking me even more.. contd.)
In short - the festival commemorates the victory of Rama, prince of Ayodhya and avatara of Vishnu, over Ravana, the ruler of Lanka who had abducted Rama's wife, Sita Devi. The pics shows the effigies of Ravana in center and his 2 brothers on both sides.
Burning of Ravana, victory of good over evil
Dussehra - Indian Burning Man
Moving on too, more common things in delhi, Malls, there is one every mile suppose.. this is one of the biggest and its just 10 min. walk from my home. And there is an Irish pub also in it, called Geoffrey's, atleast the decor was Green :) with some old high school songs being played, it was fun. And contd. my camera story, the security were almost like not letting me take the camera inside. But I did :)
Mall - pretty nice
And even an oktoberfest band with beer and food, all in one :)

No comments: